Posted by Sky Tillery
So this is the first day into my vacation, and I have my mind totally devoted to writing for the rest of the week. I am dancing around the house, cleaning and thinking. It’s amazing how you can think up one thing for a current WIP and then all of a sudden be slammed with a whole, entirely OFF TOPIC idea for another story. I’ve come to realize, though I have been writing for *years*, and have written about some of my special subjects, I’ve been forgetting some of my biggest passions. Things like Ancient Mythology and history. I have yet to write a Historical Romance! That’s when I got slammed with yet another idea, what better to start writing historical romances than starting with Ancient Egypt?! (A FAVORITE topic of mine) Right off the bat, a story came to me, and I dropped everything I was doing to run back to my desk and jot down the ideas. It’s too early to tell you all right now exactly what it is, only because I have yet to read anything like it before and I don’t want to let it slip just yet. It may not be the best story ever, but it’s mine LOL! Just playin’. But seriously… I am so excited about this!
My only problem… I have up to TEN WIP’s now! *mind spinning* How am I going to keep on track??
Here’s what I am working on: (will lack synopsis, I still have Copyrights to work on!)
1) A Urban Fantasy set in Alaska with magic and shifters (A big big revision of a story I worked on many moons ago, was originally a YA story but I have changed it to better suit my style now that I am an adult…or mostly :P)
2) A Halloween short for an Anthology a friend is hosting – A fallen angel who was banished from hell is accidently summoned
3) A contemporary romance: Heartstrings – Between a band guy named Cameron and broken girl Ava (Synopsis later) this story means a lot to me, so I say it will be published soon, but not sure HOW soon.
4) Paranormal romance – Another fallen angel story (my favorite paranormal) Fallen Angel is a female
5) Fading Song: Another paranormal romance in subject of Sirens- This will be published by my penname Alexa Chase (Story is going to be a little naughty 😉 )
6) Urban Fantasy – Thriller – I really reallllllllllly cannot tell you what this one is about. It’s going to be very unique, I have literally never seen anything such as this done before. Only a few close friends know exactly what this is. It may even come out to be a little silly, but as I said before, if Sharknado can be a movie, then this could be a story DANGIT! LOL!!
7) Erotica Romance – in the country – Will be published under my penname Alexa Chase and most likely will be a novella
8) My blog series – Operation Aspiration. Overly ambitious girl sets out for NY– comedy, romance, so on. Been working on this for years. I have written it in several different styles. Finally decided to make it a blog series.
9) Some contemporary romance based on gaming and the people you meet – This one is special to me for multiple reasons as well
10) And this is my other big baby, my precious… a Romance, filled with crime, thrills, and suspense.
And now I have this Ancient Egyptian story stuck in my head! My 11th WIP *Sigh* Wish me luck, please! I will need it LOL
If you are interested in becoming a beta reader for me, or want to keep up with my updates, here’s my Facebook page, feel free to leave a message!
Posted on August 20, 2013, in Projects and tagged Alexa Chase, ancient egypt, art, author, band, belly dancer, belly dancing, beta reader, beta readers, Blogging, books, erotica, fantasy, gaming, guitar, historical romance, inspiration, life, love, music, romance, series, sexy, Sky Tillery, story, thriller, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.