So this is the first day into my vacation, and I have my mind totally devoted to writing for the rest of the week. I am dancing around the house, cleaning and thinking. It’s amazing how you can think up one thing for a current WIP and then all of a sudden be slammed with a whole, entirely OFF TOPIC idea for another story. I’ve come to realize, though I have been writing for *years*, and have written about some of my special subjects, I’ve been forgetting some of my biggest passions. Things like Ancient Mythology and history. I have yet to write a Historical Romance! That’s when I got slammed with yet another idea, what better to start writing historical romances than starting with Ancient Egypt?! (A FAVORITE topic of mine) Right off the bat, a story came to me, and I dropped everything I was doing to run back to my desk and jot down the ideas. It’s too early to tell you all right now exactly what it is, only because I have yet to read anything like it before and I don’t want to let it slip just yet. It may not be the best story ever, but it’s mine LOL! Just playin’. But seriously… I am so excited about this!
My only problem… I have up to TEN WIP’s now! *mind spinning* How am I going to keep on track??
Here’s what I am working on: (will lack synopsis, I still have Copyrights to work on!)
1) A Urban Fantasy set in Alaska with magic and shifters (A big big revision of a story I worked on many moons ago, was originally a YA story but I have changed it to better suit my style now that I am an adult…or mostly :P)
2) A Halloween short for an Anthology a friend is hosting – A fallen angel who was banished from hell is accidently summoned
3) A contemporary romance: Heartstrings – Between a band guy named Cameron and broken girl Ava (Synopsis later) this story means a lot to me, so I say it will be published soon, but not sure HOW soon.
4) Paranormal romance – Another fallen angel story (my favorite paranormal) Fallen Angel is a female
5) Fading Song: Another paranormal romance in subject of Sirens- This will be published by my penname Alexa Chase (Story is going to be a little naughty 😉 )
6) Urban Fantasy – Thriller – I really reallllllllllly cannot tell you what this one is about. It’s going to be very unique, I have literally never seen anything such as this done before. Only a few close friends know exactly what this is. It may even come out to be a little silly, but as I said before, if Sharknado can be a movie, then this could be a story DANGIT! LOL!!
7) Erotica Romance – in the country – Will be published under my penname Alexa Chase and most likely will be a novella
8) My blog series – Operation Aspiration. Overly ambitious girl sets out for NY– comedy, romance, so on. Been working on this for years. I have written it in several different styles. Finally decided to make it a blog series.
9) Some contemporary romance based on gaming and the people you meet – This one is special to me for multiple reasons as well
10) And this is my other big baby, my precious… a Romance, filled with crime, thrills, and suspense.
And now I have this Ancient Egyptian story stuck in my head! My 11th WIP *Sigh* Wish me luck, please! I will need it LOL
If you are interested in becoming a beta reader for me, or want to keep up with my updates, here’s my Facebook page, feel free to leave a message!
“Heartstrings” will be my first published Contemporary romance. If I ever finish it! My sweet, talented man in this book has no name!
(So far on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SkysWriting the names, Ty(Tyler), Evan and Liam are at a tie!)
What will be the name of the man who has chocolate eyes, short black hair which is buzzed at the sides, fair skin, and is lead singer in a band with the voice of silky goodness? Oh, and the most important thing, is completely enamoured by broken girl Ava, who refuses to fall back into the clutches of love. He will do anything to prove his love is worth a shot, but Ava is full of excuses, but an attachment to this genuine man she can’t deny. (Working on actual synopsis when I actually get the story completed–or mostly completed! This story means a lot to me for many reasons, and I want it to be as near perfect as I can manage)
Here are the names I have so far for this hotty:
Hi, all! Thank you for sticking around with me, been super busy! My friend Krystle and I combined our book-blogs into one for The Booknatics, so we’ve been having a lot of fun with ARC reads and meeting wonderful authors.
Which brings me to my next thing I wanted to share. Thanks to one awesome author who gave me that final push I needed to get out there and finish a story to finally share with people/things other than what’s at home (lol) she is hosting my story in her Housewife Fantasy Anthology.
Lookie there! my name is there!
There’s quite a few other newbie authors such as much joining, very exciting! The book will be released sometime in August. Keep an eye out! There will be a story for everyone in this anthology. Different genres and different thrills.
I will be revamping this blog too to match the one I have for Blogger for those who don’t follow there, I am really excited to be burying my fear of the public view. Slowly, but surely, I will conquer my fear and wipe all the dust off my stories in storage, and bear what people may think, muahhaha
Here’s a link to my blogger: http://skyswriting.blogspot.com/
There, I will be giving out free copies of my stories for reviews and ratings and honest feed-back! I will be writing a bit of everything to publish. YA, PNR, Paranormal Thrillers, Mysteries, Crime-Thriller, Contemp-Erotic Romance(under a penname), and also a blog series.
And if YOU are an author looking for reviews and promotions, or a reader looking for a good book, follow our blog The Booknatics, herrree: http://thebooknatics.blogspot.com/
Also, here’s my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SkysWriting
I’ve made a new blog here, and it’s such a wonderful creative outlet for me, I enjoy discussing different views on many genres of books, and just have tons of fun with it. I am slowly transferring a lot of the book reviews I’ve written to WordPress to share with the blogging world. This newest addiction began after a few winning entries on Goodreads.com for advanced copy books, soon before I knew it, I had more authors ask if I would exchange a review for a book. As a book collector to begin with, this was just an awesome amazing thing for me, totally unleashed the nerdy-kid outta me. Having a love for writing and expressing, this has been a perfect hobby. I am hoping to expand to be able to meet more new authors and spread the word of their great talent.
My friend and I have started a blog together as well. Her and I have obsessed over books for a while now, and find ourselves quite caught up in these amazing fictional worlds from a variety of our favorite authors build, and we often find our conversations hilarious, soooo, we decided to open up to the world and get more people to join in and chat with us! We will be beginning a Google Hangout with author/book discussions, skits, give aways, and more! If you are interested in becoming a Booknatic, you can find us here at these links =D
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/89180-the-booknatics – Our group on GR’s
And here’s a link to my review blog:
You will notice that I read every genre there is, so hopefully you can find a review that relates to you! If there is a book you want to read, but want a review for it, give me the name and I’ll hunt it down! Or if you are an author looking for a review, I would gladly and honorably take the challenge!