Posted by Sky Tillery
So this is the first day into my vacation, and I have my mind totally devoted to writing for the rest of the week. I am dancing around the house, cleaning and thinking. It’s amazing how you can think up one thing for a current WIP and then all of a sudden be slammed with a whole, entirely OFF TOPIC idea for another story. I’ve come to realize, though I have been writing for *years*, and have written about some of my special subjects, I’ve been forgetting some of my biggest passions. Things like Ancient Mythology and history. I have yet to write a Historical Romance! That’s when I got slammed with yet another idea, what better to start writing historical romances than starting with Ancient Egypt?! (A FAVORITE topic of mine) Right off the bat, a story came to me, and I dropped everything I was doing to run back to my desk and jot down the ideas. It’s too early to tell you all right now exactly what it is, only because I have yet to read anything like it before and I don’t want to let it slip just yet. It may not be the best story ever, but it’s mine LOL! Just playin’. But seriously… I am so excited about this!
My only problem… I have up to TEN WIP’s now! *mind spinning* How am I going to keep on track??
Here’s what I am working on: (will lack synopsis, I still have Copyrights to work on!)
1) A Urban Fantasy set in Alaska with magic and shifters (A big big revision of a story I worked on many moons ago, was originally a YA story but I have changed it to better suit my style now that I am an adult…or mostly :P)
2) A Halloween short for an Anthology a friend is hosting – A fallen angel who was banished from hell is accidently summoned
3) A contemporary romance: Heartstrings – Between a band guy named Cameron and broken girl Ava (Synopsis later) this story means a lot to me, so I say it will be published soon, but not sure HOW soon.
4) Paranormal romance – Another fallen angel story (my favorite paranormal) Fallen Angel is a female
5) Fading Song: Another paranormal romance in subject of Sirens- This will be published by my penname Alexa Chase (Story is going to be a little naughty 😉 )
6) Urban Fantasy – Thriller – I really reallllllllllly cannot tell you what this one is about. It’s going to be very unique, I have literally never seen anything such as this done before. Only a few close friends know exactly what this is. It may even come out to be a little silly, but as I said before, if Sharknado can be a movie, then this could be a story DANGIT! LOL!!
7) Erotica Romance – in the country – Will be published under my penname Alexa Chase and most likely will be a novella
8) My blog series – Operation Aspiration. Overly ambitious girl sets out for NY– comedy, romance, so on. Been working on this for years. I have written it in several different styles. Finally decided to make it a blog series.
9) Some contemporary romance based on gaming and the people you meet – This one is special to me for multiple reasons as well
10) And this is my other big baby, my precious… a Romance, filled with crime, thrills, and suspense.
And now I have this Ancient Egyptian story stuck in my head! My 11th WIP *Sigh* Wish me luck, please! I will need it LOL
If you are interested in becoming a beta reader for me, or want to keep up with my updates, here’s my Facebook page, feel free to leave a message!